An agreement is currently being signed between the Université de Paris (UP) and the China Scholarship Council1 (CSC), a Chinese governmental body, to allow the hosting of Chinese doctoral students. After selection by UP and then by the CSC, they will receive a 48-month stipend of approximately €1350 net/month paid by the CSC.
All disciplines are eligible. Two types of funding are available
– M2 + 3 years of thesis (rather for the Science and Health faculties)2
– 4 years of thesis (rather for the Societies and Humanities faculty)
Candidates will have to certify a sufficient level of language skills according to the working language of the team.Enrolment in a doctoral programme is not automatic, but is conditional on obtaining a sufficient level in M2.
Opening of the application site
From 7 December 2020 to 15 January 2021 17:00 CET, candidates will be required to complete an online questionnaire (in English or French) and provide the following documents
– Letter of motivation: if necessary, a research project can be attached to this letter.
– Copies of diplomas and transcripts of bachelor’s and master’s degrees (or equivalent)
– Certificate of success in an independent language test (in French or English)
The application page will be accessible from our website :
Selection of applications by Doctoral Schools
From 22 January 2021 until 25 February 2021 at 17:00 CET, applicants and doctoral schools will have access to the platform to evaluate applications. Applications will first be evaluated by the research teams and then validated by the doctoral schools.
The College of Doctoral Schools (CED) will forward the selection of applications to the China Scholarship Council.
No later than 3 March 2021, the CED will send the CSC the list of selected applications and a letter of acceptance to the doctoral students, subject to funding by the CSC.
Successful candidates must imperatively submit an application on the CSC website : http://www.csc.edu.cn
From May 2021: publication of results by the China Scholarship Council, arrival of doctoral students from October 2021.
List of sectors
– SPI: Physical Sciences and Engineering
– SSH: Social Sciences and Humanities
– SV: Life Sciences