An agreement was signed between the University of Paris and the China Scholarship Council1 (CSC), a Chinese government body, to accommodate Chinese doctoral students. After a selection by UP and then by the CSC, they will benefit from an allowance for 36 or 48 months of approximately 1350 € net / month paid by the CSC.
All disciplines are eligible.
- 3 years of thesis (rather for the Sciences and Health faculties)
- 4 years of thesis (rather for the Faculty of Societies and Humanities)
Candidates will have to certify a sufficient level of language skills according to the working language of the team.Enrolment in a doctoral programme is not automatic, but is conditional on obtaining a sufficient level in M2.
From December 16, 2021 to January 25, 2022 5:00 p.m. CET, candidates will be required to complete an online questionnaire (in French or English) and provide the following documents
- Letter of motivation: if necessary, a research project can be attached to this letter.
- Copies of diplomas and transcripts of bachelor’s and master’s degrees (or equivalent)
- Letter of recommendation (optional)
- Certificate of success in an independent language test (in French or English)
Selection of applications by Doctoral Schools
From January 31, 2022 until February 25, 2022 at 5 p.m. CET applicants and doctoral schools will have access to the platform to evaluate applications. Applications will first be evaluated by the research teams and then validated by the doctoral schools.
The College of Doctoral Schools (CED) will forward the selection of applications to the China Scholarship Council.
At the beginning of March 2022, the CED will send the CSC the list of selected applications and a letter of acceptance to the doctoral students, subject to funding by the CSC.
From May 2022: publication of results by the China Scholarship Council, arrival of doctoral students from October 2022.
List of sectors
– SPI: Physical Sciences and Engineering
– SSH: Social Sciences and Humanities
– SV: Life Sciences