A single college bringing together 21 Doctoral Schools
Université de Paris (UP) is engaged in an ambitious doctoral policy involving all its member institutions.
Thanks to its 21 doctoral schools, every year, UP gives more than 3 000 PhD students the possibility to train and learn through research across all the main disciplines :
Literature, Languages, Art, Humanities, Social Sciences, Civilisations, Medicine, Pharmacy, Dentistry, Chemistry, Physics, Mathematics, IT, Engineering, Earth and Space Sciences, Sports, Law, Economy, Management, Political Sciences, Information and Communication Sciences, Life Sciences, Public Health.
Thanks to fundings of specific doctoral contracts it promotes also innovative interdisciplinary PhD research projects involving different teams of UP.
- Make the doctorate the first degree awarded by UP
- Develop the training of doctoral candidates to facilitate their professional integration and career development
- Change the map of doctoral schools when they are renewed to offer a more coherent and visible offer at site level
- Promote the convergence of practices between doctoral schools, for example in the recruitment and reception of doctoral students
- Opening up doctoral schools through the internationalization of recruitment or the development of dual-culture doctorates.
- Increase the number of doctoral contracts to reduce the number of unfunded doctoral students and the duration of theses
The CED has made possible:
- a joint implementation of the new decree on doctoral training (25 May 2016) and the sharing of good practices through a theses charter
- offer, through its training centre, the Département de formation des doctorants, a wide range of vocational training courses and actions to prepare for the pursuit of a career after the doctorate
- pilote the deployment of a management tool common to all stakeholders in doctoral training called AMETHIS
- led the reconfiguration of doctoral schools
- proposed a new repartition of doctoral contracts.
After a first wave of successful EUR projects that it will accompany, the CED will also play a role in the preparation of the future proposals.