- Module 1: The doctoral employment contract and its content
We will explain the contents of the doctoral employment contract : what are the rights, duties and missions assigned to the PhD candidate? What are the working conditions provided to manage the research activity?
- Module 2 : Principles of research project management
Training through a research activity is a real process of project management which lasts 3 years. We will teach the fundamentals of project management :
– The different steps of a scientific approach
– The various components of a doctoral project: time management; human, material and financial resources,
– Set the course, foresee the stages, anticipate the promotion of the results
– Management tools, planning tools and monitoring tools
– Interactions with the scientific environment: the role of the supervisor, teamwork, negotiation, stress management, conflicts management…
- Module 3 : Anticipating the career perspectives after a PhD
It is essential for the doctoral candidates to prepare and anticipate their career development after their graduation. We will present them the tools and resources available in order to anticipate their career project definition during the doctoral experience and build the strategy to achieve it.
Through the discovery of some tools dedicated to project management, this training can enable the PhD candidate to move from a “student” posture to a “professional” posture. These tools are efficient to begin the doctoral project with serenity, but can also be useful during the whole course of their career, regardless of their professional project.